10502PC/ Sio2PC-USB / Sio2pc USB is my newest device fo every Atari 8bit.
Device works in two modes /selecable witch switch/:
- Sio2PC-USB -connects the ATARI SIO port with PC/MAC computer equipped with a USB PORT, so PC acts as floppy disk drive for ATARI
- 10502PC - connects the Atari disk drive with PC computer equipped with a USB PORT, so PCcan read / backup orginal 5.25" floppies.
- PC with a free USB port (works on other platforms like MAC/LINUX)
- Any 8bit ATARI with a free SIO PORT
SIO2PC-USB mode manual:
- Make sure the new installed COM PORT number is from 1 to 4. (CLICK HERE for a short manual)
- Start ASPEQT --> TOOLS --> OPTIONS: select a proper COM number and CTS MODE --> SAVE
- Press button START SIO PERIPHERAL EMULATION in the ASPEQT window (blue plug icon at bottom right)
- Power ON ATARI with Sio2PC-USB connected and ATR/XEX file loaded in SLOT 1
PS for all ULTIMATES USERS: You can easily reach the highest speed possible selecting HIASS`s patched OS ( POKEY divisor=0)
10502PC mode manual: