SRAM MODULE is my first step to help ATARI owners to repair their computers home, as in most of the cases faulty is dynamic ram ( soon coming - SRAM_MODULE compatible FREDDY replacement)
- replaces base ram of 64KB in all 8bit ATARI
- upgrades ram in 600XL to 64KB
- PCB thickness is 0,8mm
- If you are not familiar with soldering or you do not have proper tools, please LET a pro technician do it for you or send me your ATARI BOARD for installation. Upgrade installation cost is 10€ only. Contact me to arrange installation.
- Please remeber - wrong tools usage or low skills may damage atari and ultimate; any damage/harm to your hardware is NOT subject of any kind of warranty.
- Installation is easy, but unexperienced hands can do a lot of damage. Please, do not ask me questions WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG WITH INSTALLATION - answer will be always the same - I DO NOT KNOW
Step by step:
- REMOVE old RAM CHIPS
- desolder/remove CPU
- insert /solder SRAM MODULE
- insert CPU BACK
- make connection of 1 wire to FREDDIE pin 4 or FREDDY_MODULE pin CAS_I (in progress)
- ready :-)
SRAM MODULE COMPLETLY REPLACES below parts:
- XE ( and majority of freddy chip, than can be now replaced even with clk_divider built upon TTL 74)